|Date||6 & 7 April 2017|
|Location||Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Theme||Action Learning: The Performance Changer in A VUCA Worldâ€|
WIAL Regional Conference 2017
Date: 6 & 7 April 2017
|Early Bird Registration (until 31 January 2017)||CLOSED|
- additional cost (not included in Conference Pricing)
Date: 8 April 2017
LWQ: Leading with Questions WIAL Approved Certification by Dr. Marquadt
Click here to download a PDF version of the graphic recordings or insert the Dropbox link below into your browser’s address bar:
Day 1 (6 April 2017)
|Plenary||Dr. Mike Marquardt||Keynote-DrMikeMarquardt|
|Nadiah Tan Abdullah||Plenary-Dropbox-Nadiah|
|Session A||(Track 1) Dr. Mike Marquardt||NIL|
|(Track 2) Jayan Warrier||Breakout-JayanWarrier|
|(Track 3) Ron McLuckie||Breakout-RonMcLuckie|
Day 2 (7 April 2017)
|Plenary||Dr. Bea Carson||Plenary-BeaCarson|
|Session B||(Track 1) Dr. Bea Carson||Breakout-BeaCarson|
|(Track 2) Mr. Colin Yeow||Breakout-ColinYeow|
|(Track 3) Mr. Peter Cauwelier||Breakout-Dropbox-Peter|
|Session C||(Track 1) Mr. Wai K Leong||Breakout-WaiKLeong|
|(Track 2) Prof. Loredana Padurean|
|(Track 3) Ms. Faz Kamaruddin||Breakout-Dropbox-Faz|
- Selamat Datang to KLIt is our great pleasure to say, â€œSelamat Datangâ€ (Welcome) to Kuala Lumpur.Â We are excited and canâ€™t wait to meet all our fellow coaches from 13 countries at our pre-conference event at [...]Read more
- Overview of WRC 2017An overview of the conference : 5 Pleanary, 2 activities, 3 breakouts, 2 networking sessions. Pleanary Speakers : Dr.Mike Marquadt (AL and It’s Impact in Leadership Development in a VUCA [...]Read more
- WRC 2017 MessageDear colleagues and friends, It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in the WIAL Regional Conference 2017 (WRC 2017) to be held at Concorde Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [...]Read more
Dr. Mike Marquadt
Understand and appreciate the concepts and benefits of Action Learning by its founder. A firsthand experience watching Dr Michael Marquardt apply the AL process
Mr. Jayan Warrier
Appreciative Inquiry: A dialogic model of change leadership in A VUCA World
Appreciative Inquiry brought to the world by David Cooperrider (Case Western Reserve University) through its focus on what works, creates a sustainable environment for positive change in individuals, organizations and communities. At its core, it has inquiry based processes and methodologies to engage a human system that collaborates to uncover the collective strengths and the dreams. The energy, momentum and positivity generated in the conversations, fuelled by the collective vision of a future, Â generates the fuel for sustainable positive change and emerging leadership. As a philosophy of life, AI has the potential to transform individual and collective perspectives of the world and the way we relate to one another. Appreciative Inquiry has applications in leadership development, coaching, facilitation, change management and personal transformation. In this session, we will explore the origins, key principles and methodologies in AI – through an experiential conversational process.
Mr. Ron McLuckie
Senior Executive Action Learning (SEAL) Programme
This is the flagship WIAL senior leadership development programme. It is an exclusive, intensive and radically different programme that:
Dr. Bea Carson
Virtual Action Learning
Our global society and enterprises leads us to a need for Action Learning that spans vast distances. From across town, to across time zones, to across continents. How do we take Action Learning out of the office space and into cyber space? Join this informative and interactive workshop to learn how
Mr. Colin Yeow
Cognitive Collaboration â€“ Working Smarter in a VUCA Economy
In embracing changes brought about by technological advancement against the backdrop of a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) global economy, organisations today are shaping up their workplaces, workforce and even work itself to â€œFuture proofâ€ themselves.
â€œCognitive Collaborationâ€ is fast becoming a buzz word in people and organization development. What is it and how can one tap on it to be more effective at the workplace, and in life? How can mobile technology, more than 30 years of research grounded in brain science, and big data combine to facilitate cognitive collaboration?
This experiential workshop gives participants insights into what their brain preferences are in thinking and behaving, providing not only an opportunity for them to reflect on how these tendencies affect the way they interact, communicate and collaborate â€“ and even teach, or influence and guide others to discovering their paths in life, while equipping them with a tool to enhance their collaborative skills.
Mr.Â Peter Cauwelier
Team Psychological Safety â€“ what Google discovered about high-performance teams.
* What is team psychological safety and why is it critical for team performance ?
* What impacts team psychological safety and how can you further develop it
* What is the impact of Action Learning on team psychological safety ?
Practical takeaways: A framework to help you design development programs that will develop team psychological safety
Mr. Wai K Leong
Team Coaching complements Action Learning as both these processes helps to develop the team and the individual to perform at a higher level of effectiveness. Understanding the similarities and differences in approach will help a practitioner combine the two processes to maximise learning. In this session, we will explore how to harness the power of both systems.
Action Learning – a sustainable bridge between academia and industry
Prof. Loredana will present a very unique and complex Action Learning curriculum developed at the newly formed Asia School of Business (ASB) in collaboration with MIT Sloan that aims at building a sustainable bridge between the academia and the industry by providing market ready MBA graduates equipped with both theoretical tools and frameworks as well as intense exposure to industry challenges and opportunities.
Ms. Faz Kamaruddin
The AirAsia Action Learning Journey
How AirAsia embraces Action Learning to develop its leaders
1. Who We Are.
1.1 WIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd.
Welcome to WIAL Malaysia! We are an affiliate of the World Institute of Action Learning (WIAL).
1.2 The Event; Responsible Party.
WIAL Malaysia’s websites and domains are offered, maintained and provided by WIAL Malaysia. WIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd. is a Malaysian corporation with its principal place of business at 10-2-1, Jalan Medan Putra 3, Medan Putra Business Centre, 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Reg. No. (WIAL Malaysia).If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address above or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Registrants are customers and/or clients who concede to attending our conference in Kuala Lumpur by providing personal details via the registration form provided and fulfilling the conference payment.
2. Our Privacy Statement.
3. Personal Data That We Collect.
When you use or interact with us through the Responsible Party, we may collect Personal Data, as further described below:
3.1 All Registrants.
Information you provide to us: For all Registrants we collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide such information to the Responsible Party, such as when you register for access to the Event, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or browse or use certain parts of the Event. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and other information that enables Registrants to be personally identified. Information we automatically collect: We also automatically collect certain technical data that is sent to us from the computer, mobile device and/or browser through which you access the Event (Automatic Data). Automatic Data, includes without limitation, a unique identifier associated with your access device and/or browser (including, for example, your Internet Protocol (IP) address) characteristics about your access device and/or browser, statistics on your activities on the Event, information about how you came to the Responsible PartyÂ and data collected through Cookies, Pixel Tags, Local Shared Objects, Web Storage and other similar technologies.When you register for the Event or otherwise submit Personal Data to us, we may associate other Non-Personal Data (including Non-Personal Data we collect from third parties) with your Personal Data. At such instance, we will treat any such combined data as Personal Data until such time as it can no longer be associated with you or used to identify you.Information you provide to us: In some cases, we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. In addition, if you use our payment processing services, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., your taxpayer identification number).Information we obtain from other sources: We may also collect or receive Personal Data from third party sources, such as third party websites, your bank, our payment processing partners and credit reporting agencies.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data.
4.1 Specific Reason.
If you provide Personal Data for a certain purpose, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
4.2 Access and Use.
If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Event or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Event or functionality and to monitor your use of such Event or functionality. For instance, if you supply Personal Data relating to your identity or qualifications to use certain portions of the Services, we will use that information to make a decision as to granting you access to use such Services and to monitor your ongoing qualification to use such Services.
4.3 Internal Business Purposes.
We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our Registrants, to improve the Event, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Event and our business.
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future for our marketing and advertising purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on or off the Event that we believe might be of interest to you.
4.5 Other Purposes.
5. How We Disclose And Transfer Your Personal Data.
5.1 No Sale.
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
5.2 Business Transfers.
5.3 Parent Companies, Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
5.4 Agents, Consultants and Service Providers.
We may share your Personal Data with our contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of WIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd. to perform certain business-related functions. These companies include our marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers and others. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
5.5 Legal Requirements.
We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Event, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of RegistrantsÂ of the Event or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
6. How We Store Your Personal Data.
7. How You Can Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Personal Data.
You can request access to some of your Personal Data being stored by us. You can also ask us to correct, update or delete any inaccurate Personal Data that we process about them.We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with applicable law.
8. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data.
We may retain your Personal Data as long as you are registered for the Event. You withdraw from the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may retain Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
9. Your Choices.
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data:
9.1 Opt Out from Electronic Communications.
(a) WIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd. Marketing Communications.
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences,WIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd. may send you electronic communications marketing or advertising the Event themselves or events on the Event, to the extent you have registered for the Event or purchased a ticket. You can also opt out of receiving these electronic communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such electronic communication.
(b) Transactional or Responsive Communications.
Certain electronic communications fromWIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd. are responsive to your requests. For instance, if you are a Registrant, we must email you your ticket or registration when you purchase such ticket or registration. As a further example, if you email our customer support department, we will return your email. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe election that you have made, you will still receive these emails. You can stop receiving these types of emails only by contacting us. By electing to stop receiving all electronic communications from us or through our system you will no longer receive any updates on events you have created (including pay-out issues) or on events you are registered to attend (including emails with your tickets). We do not recommend that you do this unless you plan to no longer attend the Event and will have no need to receive further communications from us or through our system.
10.1 Personal Data Provided to Others.
10.2 Third Party Links.
10.3 Aggregated Personal Data.
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Event, we often conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Data and other information that we have collected. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis and this aggregate information does not identify you personally and we therefore consider and treat this data as Non-Personal Data.
13. International Privacy Laws.
15. Dispute Resolution.
If you have a complaint aboutWIAL Malaysia (Affiliate) Sdn. Bhd.’s privacy practises you should email us at:email@example.com
Changed your mind? Has something come up? Notification of cancellation must be submitted by e-mail to the WRC 2017 Malaysia SecretariatÂ by 20 March 2017. Unfortunately tickets cannot be refunded.Â We can, however, accept a change of participant. Please send your replacement’s details to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the unlikely event that the WIAL Regional Conference 2017 MalaysiaÂ is cancelled, travel and accommodation costs will not be refunded.
1. Purchases from WIAL Malaysia are performed on-line via the Event section of the WIAL Malaysia web site. Prices are in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
2. The ticket confirmation is via email.
3. Customer invoices are provided via email, for download or printing. The commercial invoice is issued and presented after the purchase payment is received and the transaction fulfilled. If required and upon request, a physical invoice will be provided via the post mail.
4. Purchase payments can be performed by PayPal account, credit card or bank wire transfer.
5. Purchase orders are processed using a manual approval process. Orders performed on business days with payment by credit card are typically processed (accepted, denied or additional information/clarification requested) within 24 hours, often much faster. Orders performed using the bank wire transfer payment method are typically processed on the day the payment is received.
6. WIAL Malaysia is not responsible for any fees charged to the buyer’s credit card by the credit card issuing bank, such as foreign transaction or internet transaction fees.
7. With bank wire transfer payments, the purchaser is responsible for any fees deducted by the paying bank and/or partner banks involved in the wire payment process. The purchaser must increase the amount paid as necessary to cover any such banking fees so that the amount paid into the WIAL Malaysia bank account equals the invoice amount. (WIAL Malaysia is responsible for any fees charged by its bank.)
8. A purchase performed using the on-line credit card payment method is processed in two phases:
- a. Authentication phase: Customer submits the credit card information via a PayPal secure web interface
- b. Approval phase: WIAL Malaysia accepts or denies the purchase. If the purchase on-line connection directly to the credit card processor (so the credit card data are not shared with and never stored by WIAL Malaysia). The transaction amount is blocked on the credit card account, order is accepted, the transaction amount is charged to the credit card. If the purchase order is denied, the credit card is not charged and the blocked amount is cleared.
9. WIAL Malaysia reserves the right to not accept any purchase order, such as if a purchaser does not provide sufficient or accurate registration information, does not respond to a request for additional information, or is located in a country subject to export restrictions. WIAL Malaysia reserves the right to ask a purchaser/customer to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement.
10. Purchases are fulfilled after receipt of the purchase payment, via email confirmation from email@example.com.
11. Registrant support is provided via email using only the email address of the user account in the WIAL Malaysia system to which the ticket is registered. Do not register with one e-mail address and correspond using a different e-mail address.